WatchMeGrow™ is a company which provides educational support services including consultancy and training for early year’s education. It also has a software tool called The Development Map™ which monitors, reviews and measures a child’s development over time.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting WatchMeGrow™. Contact details can be found at the end of this policy.
The GDPR Data Controller for WatchMeGrow™ is the Managing Director.
Our approach to privacy
WatchMeGrow™ places a high priority on safeguarding confidential information and processing personal data in an ethical manner, and we take our responsibility for the security of customer and user data very seriously. To help us continue to achieve this, we have embedded privacy by design and by default within our operating procedures and service delivery. This means that privacy and data protection is taken into consideration and implemented in the design and delivery of our business services, marketing functions, IT systems and overall business practices so that our customers, employees and service users’ right to data privacy and data protection is our default position when processing data.
We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes and will only do so when necessary to provide a business service you have requested, or if legally obligated to do so.
In order to carry out other business functions and to deliver our services, we rely on the following lawful conditions for processing personal data:
- Consent – the individual has given their Consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Contractual – processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or for WatchMeGrow™ to take pre-contractual steps at the request of the individual.
- Legal Obligation – processing of Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which WatchMeGrow™ is subject.
- Legitimate Interests – processing is necessary under the Legitimate Interests of WatchMeGrow™ or an associated third party, unless these interests are overridden by the individual’s interests or fundamental rights.
We will be clear and transparent with you about which lawful basis is used when processing your personal data.
Collecting personal data
In order to deliver our services and to carry out necessary business functions, we may collect certain personal data from you in a variety of ways, such as, through our website, via email, an online portal such as the Development Map™, or verbally e.g. by phone. These details may include (where applicable), names and contact information. Depending on the service we are delivering to you or your company, we may also ask for more detailed information about your business and education setting. When working with WatchMeGrow™, information considered sensitive may emerge during the course of discussions or ongoing working relationships. These discussions and relationships are bound by strict confidence, and any notes collated by WatchMeGrow™ are treated accordingly.
Personal data we obtain is collected in a few key ways:
- Data disclosed by the individual
- Data disclosed by an authorised third party (e.g. a Development Map™ System user)
- Data obtained from linked system or database
- Data generated through user interaction with systems/services
Where your data is provided to us by an authorised third party such as your employer (i.e. in the form of course delegate lists), it is the third party’s responsibility to ensure they have the correct lawful basis in place to share this data with WatchMeGrow™.
We may collect and process the following data about you which you submit via our website and/or in relation to the use of the Development Map™:-
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website which includes the Development Map™. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any service or facility available on the Website, downloading from the Website, or making an enquiry. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your transactions.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Where you place an order with us or otherwise purchase our services, confirmation of your payment.
- Information you provide to us (whether via the Website or otherwise) in relation to the provision of the Service.
- IP and email addresses
We use information held about you in the following ways: -
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide services to you such as the Development Map™
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Website. To enable us to provide the Service and comply with our obligations under the Agreement we enter into with you to provide the Service.
The Development Map™ by WatchMeGrow™ is the main source of data capture although simple client contact details may be held for communication and marketing purposes.
The Development Map™ is the software which enables teaching professionals in a school/setting to input information about an individual child’s progress and to track their development over time. The data can then be used to produce reports about the child which tracks their development through the Early Years Foundation Stage. This data is for use in settings/schools by the teaching professionals and also for sharing with parents. In time it will be available for parents to access via a secure intranet through a web browser.
Once a setting has registered and purchased the Development Map™ the software is accessed via a web browser. Data from observations will be input by authorised professional staff at each setting directly into the Development Map™ software. Data will be added by the setting/school over time. Reports for each child and the setting/school overall can be produced and down loaded by the setting at any time. The setting/school is the Data Controller for its own personal data. WatchMeGrow ™ and the Development Map ™ do not have access to a setting/school’s personal data unless the setting/school authorises it to do so, in writing, for legitimate purposes such as system rectification, system development and consultancy advice. Any such data, where appropriate, will be anonymised such that it cannot be identified to a particular individual. It is the school/settings responsibility to ensure that it secures, protects and backs up its own data.
The purposes of processing personal data
Your data may be used for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:
- provide all the elements of the learning & development services we have been contracted to provide by yourself or your employer
- contacting you in the event of a workshop or seminar time change or cancellation
- providing technical and specialist advice and support to enable you to use the Development Map™ system you will have contracted to purchase
- operate an email newsletter, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. Subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system.
- assess the quality of our services, administrative activities, crime prevention/detection (i.e. fraud)
- legal obligations of the business
- statistical and marketing analysis
- customer surveys
- customer relations communications and offering you services and products we believe may interest you.
You will always be told what we intend to do with any personal data we collect from you, however the principal reasons are to:
- support the delivery of contracted services and products, or
- support the utilisation of Development Map™
- to provide you with ongoing technical and specialist updates for example via a blog or newsletter
- achieve our marketing and sales strategies.
For example, we may collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and interact with our content so we can offer timely and relevant information. When using our website to trial or purchase the Development Map™, or download information, your data may be used for the following:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry & follow up after the trial period.
- To customise our website for user needs and preferences.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
In this scenario, we would be relying on legitimate interests and where required, consent, as the primary legal bases for processing personal data. WatchMeGrow™ will only keep data for as long as is necessary to meet these purposes. We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information to an external party, or unless ordered by a court of law. The personal data you provide to us is only available to relevant employees and contracted service providers. If required by law, WatchMeGrow™ may disclose data to government and/or enforcement agencies.
If we intend to use your data for a new purpose outside of those detailed in this Policy, this policy will be updated to keep you informed of the same; should consent be required from affected individuals, then it will be sought. WatchMeGrow™ will never supply your data to third parties for marketing purposes.
Keeping personal data secure
WatchMeGrow™ and the Development Map™ have been designed to ensure that client information is protected to safeguard confidentiality, integrity and availability. These security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to the Development Map™ can only be gained via secure login processes including complex passwords. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords can only be re-set via a known registered email address making such a request. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where you require that we delete any personal data which has been provided by you or any third party end user of Service, we will comply with any written request to do so.
Data is backed up on a daily basis to the secure server(s). Any data which you have exported should be backed up by you.
Please be aware however, that no internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should take special care in deciding what personal data you send to us via email and keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to us via the internet.
Controlling your personal data
Any personal data we collect from you or we generate as a result of your interaction with our systems and services belongs to you. Under the data protection laws in the UK you therefore have the right to know if your data is being processed, why and for how long.
This will include details of what categories of data we process (e.g. storing your name and contact details in a CRM system), whether your data has been disclosed to third parties and their identities, and how to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
In addition to your right of access to data we process, WatchMeGrow™ will uphold other rights afforded to you under the applicable data protection laws in the UK, namely:
- the right to request that errors in your personal data processed by (or on behalf of) WatchMeGrow™ is amended or corrected;
- the right to erasure of your personal data if those data are no longer needed for their original purpose, or where the processing is based on consent and you withdraw that consent (and no other lawful basis for the processing exists);
- the right to restrict processing where the relevant personal data either cannot be deleted (e.g. because the data are required for the purposes of exercising or defending legal claims) or where you do not wish to have the data deleted;
- the right to object to processing carried out for the purposes of direct marketing, where processing is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress, or where you may be evaluated or subject to decisions on the basis of automated processing;
- the right to request a copy of the personal data you have provided to us for yourself, or for it to be transferred to another organisation, if the processing was based on consent, the provision of business services under a contract, or processing carried out by automated means.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete or wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us (details below). We aim to respond promptly to any requests. However, please note that depending on the complexity and scope of your request, it may take up to 30 days for us to provide you with an adequate response.
We have in place a procedure if a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed in connection with the provision of a public electronic communications service occurs. We will assess the scope and impact of the breach. Based on the assessment of the likely risks to individuals, we will notify the individuals and/or their connected organisations that a data breach has occurred where this may result in a significant risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, or where we may be in breach of a contractual obligation. Any such notification to individuals will be carried out as soon as reasonably possible and will include information on the nature of the breach, the name and contact details of our Data Controller, the likely consequences of the breach, measures taken or proposed by WatchMeGrow™ to address it, and recommendations for affected individuals to mitigate any potential adverse effects. Such individuals will also be provided advice on how to make a complaint to the ICO.
If, due to the nature of the breach that WatchMeGrow™ is required to inform the ICO, we will do so within 72 hours of becoming aware of the essential facts of the breach. Such notification must include at least: your name and contact details; the date and time of the breach (or an estimate); the date and time we detected it; basic information about the type of breach; and basic information about the personal data concerned.
Who has access to your personal data?
The data we collect about you is generally accessed only by authorised WatchMeGrow™ employees or third parties for legitimate business purposes and providing services as part of a contract. Authorised third party’s or contractors, may have limited access to your personal data but only so much to do their job.
The following outlines who has access to your personal data, and under what circumstances:
- WatchMeGrow™ employees and other authorised individuals who are involved in arranging and delivering the services you request (where privacy is legally covered under their contract of employment or service contract);
- An Associate who is contracted by WatchMeGrow™ to provide services to you on our behalf, and therefore bound under terms within their contract relating to confidentiality and privacy.
It is WatchMeGrow™’s practice that personal data is retained only for the appropriate period of time – neither too long nor too short. We have in place internal guidelines on how long data should be retained detailed in a Data Retention policy. This specifies that we will need to keep certain information about customers, suppliers and other individuals or organisations we interact with over the course of business to carry out certain business functions for up to 6 years to monitor and improve the quality of our service, for our records and to meet certain legal and compliance requirements.
In summary, customer personal data will be held for as long as the individual or their employer is in receipt of services from WatchMeGrow™, plus up to a maximum of 6 years. Where a customer makes a specific request for their data to be deleted sooner and it does not conflict with any legal or compliance requirement to hold data for longer, we will honour the request.
Where data is held by third parties in support of the services we provide to you, the third parties are required to either delete data upon our request, delete data at the end of our supplier contract with them, or to anonymise data after 2 years of receipt.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us. Cookies can also be controlled by the functions within your browser, so do consider changing as you see fit.
Links from our website
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, we do not have any control over them, nor can we guarantee or verify the contents or the privacy practices of other websites and as a consequence these links are provided for your information only.
Users are therefore advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. If you submit personal data and other information to a website to which we link, we cannot be held liable for its protection and privacy. Always exercise caution when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s privacy policies fully.
Users may link to our website from their own as long as this is relevant and done in such a way as not to damage or take advantage of our reputation in any way. Any such links must not be established to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from us where this is not the case. A user may apply to us for such links to be made. Any such approval will only be given by us in writing.
This website may contain sponsored links. Users should therefore note they click on sponsored external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may at any time withdraw, restrict or amend access to our website. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that any such changes are made with as much notice to our users as possible. However, we do not accept liability if our website is for any reason unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
WatchMeGrow™ is the trading name of WatchMeGrow™ Ltd. The Development Map™ is a product of WatchMeGrow™ Ltd. All rights are reserved in these names and trademarks.
WatchMeGrow™ Ltd is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our website (including the Development Map™) and in the material published on it and any other promotional material used by us, including but not limited to patents, registered designs, trademarks and service marks (whether registered or not), and applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, design, right, moral rights, rights in and to databases and all similar and/or analogous right subsisting at any time in any part of the world in relation to us are and at all times remain the property of WatchMeGrow™ Ltd. That material is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off a copy, and download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use providing that you always identify and acknowledge that we are the authors of the material.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any graphics, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text.
You are not entitled to use any part of our material for your own commercial benefit unless you have asked us in advance and been given written permission from us to do so.
If you are in any doubt about your entitlements to use this web site and the details contained within it, please check with us by email, to avoid any unnecessary action such as withdrawal of your right to use the web site and potential legal action for infringing our copyright and intellectual property rights.
Website Content Accuracy
While we make every effort to ensure that our website is up to date and accurate we cannot guarantee this. We also reserve the right to change material on the web site to ensure that it is kept up to date and relevant. We will do this without obligation or notice. The user therefore uses any of the information or data contained in the website at their own risk. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any reliance placed on such materials, information or data by any user or visitor to the web site or for any third party to whom they may have passed on such details.
Visitors and users must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is or may be malicious or harmful. They must also not attempt to access our software, database or server.
To the extent permitted by law we do not accept any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any visitor to or user of our website or the Development Map™ or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website or the Development Map™, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of data; or for any other loss or damage of any kind or any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
If we make substantive changes to this Policy, we will announce it on our website to ensure that you are aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.
WatchMeGrow™ can be contacted on enquiries@WatchMeGrow.uk or enquiries@development map.co.uk or by calling 07831 199549 or 07939 594801